The new Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, timber veneered MDF wheel, three speed whorl and a wooden threading hook! With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere.
Because this is the cheapest wheel in the Ashford range it is often referred to as a beginners wheel. This is an incorrect description as it is capable of producing all types of yarn. The additional flyer whorls and Superflyer are add-ons that give it the broadest spectrum of spinning in the whole Ashford range.
- Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
- Choose either natural or smooth lacquer finish
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
A word on double treadles. All Ashford wheels with double treadles will work if only a single treadle is used. It is not necessary to use both treadles. Treadling with a single foot either right or left works. Therefore, you have the options of two feet, or left or right foot treadling.
Optional SpinPlus+ Kit
- 1 Pair Wingham Standard Carders
- 1 Kromski Niddy Noddy, natural finish
- 1 Ashford Yarn Gauge
£50 When bought with your wheel. RRP £60.