This is a specialist wheel designed to spin extra bulky yarn used in rug weaving and chunky knitting or for plying bulk quantities. The orifice is extra large. The ball bearings and double treadle allows for an easy start and treadling. The slow drive ratios and sensitive leather flyer brake system are ideal for creating unique novelty yarns.
New 3 speed bobbin with easy 3, 4 & 5:1 ratios and capacity of up to 1kg 2.2lb. New polyurethane con-rod joints for smooth heal & toe treadling. Wider spaced treadle boards. Arched rails and factory assembled sides are easily assembled with bolts and barrel nuts. New maintenance free Polyurethane hinges for smooth & effortless treadling. Soft leather brake band and sensitive tension adjustment. Huge 27mm - 1 1/16” flyer orifice for really thick yarns. Provision for plying from 2 bobbins. New nylon universal bearings for the con rod.
- Includes 1 bobbin
- Double treadle
- Large orifice
- Spin thick novelty yarns
We know that buying a wheel or loom can be a pretty big investment, and with care they can last a lifetime. Our goal is to offer the best price available so you can buy in confidence, choosing the right equipment for you. If you should find it cheaper elsewhere then just let us know and we'll match it, and in most cases we'll also aim to beat their price too.
To apply please use the form below.
- Matches must be for the exact same equipment.
- The seller must be UK based and be registered as a UK company. We cannot accept matches from Ebay, Amazon, etc.
- Price match must take into account any shipping or additional fees charged by the vendor.
- The vendor must have the item available for immediate dispatch at time of price comparison.
- In the majority of cases we're able to match or beat prices, however we do not guarantee this. The final decision is at the discretion of Wingham Wool.
Please provide a direct link to the item so that we can confirm the price.
Please add the two numbers
For all Ashford equipment the stock levels displayed on the web are the actual items we have available for dispatch.
We never sell items that we don't have in stock, so you know that if you buy today your equipment will be on it's way to you in no time. We aim to ship all orders within 2 working days, though occasionally this may be a day or two longer if we've been particularly busy (eg Christmas period).
Of course, we're still human and occasionally there may be a mistake in our stock levels, though this is exceptionally rare. If for any reason it turns out that we don't have the item you've requested then we'll always contact you to let you know. In most cases the item will already be on order and it may just be a couple of days wait, or it may be that we're not expecting them for a little while. Whatever the reason, we'll always keep you updated and we'll always offer an instant, no-quibble refund if it turns out we don't have your item.
All Ashford spinning wheels and looms qualify for same day shipping. Orders will be shipped by Parcelforce using Express48 service.
- Offer applies Monday to Thursday only.
- Your order must be received before 1pm. If we receive your order outside of this time frame we'll do our best to process it, but it may be subject to our normal shipping speeds.
- Offer only applies to spinning wheels and looms. If you include additional items we'll do our best to process it, but it may be subject to our normal shipping speeds.
- UK deliveries only.