Please Note: This is an ex-display model. It has been assembled and has had light use. As such it may show slight superficial markings but there is no damage to the woodwork. It comes with all standard accessories but may be shipped in a replacement box to the original packaging. It is sold as seen with all normal guarantees, the same as if you were buying new.
The new Kiwi 3 has folding treadles, timber veneered MDF wheel, three speed whorl and a wooden threading hook! With all the great features of the Kiwi 2, the enhanced Kiwi 3 will be even more in demand from new and experienced spinners everywhere.
Because this is the cheapest wheel in the Ashford range it is often referred to as a beginners wheel. This is an incorrect description as it is capable of producing all types of yarn. The additional flyer whorls and Superflyer are add-ons that give it the broadest spectrum of spinning in the whole Ashford range.
- Robust construction quick and easy to assemble with the Allen key supplied
- Choose either natural or smooth lacquer finish
- Scotch tension for precise tension adjustment
- Double treadle, mounted on polyurethane hinges, for effortless treadling
- 3 speed whorl with 5.5, 7.5 and 9.5:1 flyer ratios
- Sliding hook flyer with frictionless yarn guides
- Quick and easy bobbin change with snap-in front flyer bearing
- Folding treadles for convenient transport and storage
- Timber veneered MDF wheel with ball bearings ensure smooth, silent spinning
A word on double treadles. All Ashford wheels with double treadles will work if only a single treadle is used. It is not necessary to use both treadles. Treadling with a single foot either right or left works. Therefore, you have the options of two feet, or left or right foot treadling.
Optional SpinPlus+ Kit
- 1 Pair Wingham Standard Carders
- 1 Kromski Niddy Noddy, natural finish
- 1 Ashford Yarn Gauge
£50 When bought with your wheel. RRP £60.