Dyed Merino tops 70s 21 micronThere are 125 products.
Our own range of dyed for us stock colours.
Merino is possibly the best all rounder wool you'll come across. It doesn't matter if you're a newcomer to fibre-crafts or a seasoned pro, the chances are you've already used Merino at some point.
Our merino is a 21 micron (70's Bradford wool count. )
We find this gives just the right balance between being soft against the skin but still being hard wearing. Not only is the fibre itself fantastic, but we offer 125 repeatable shades, so you know that the colour you buy today will still be around next year.
We import the white wools from South America and they are then dyed to our specific shade requirements to ensure the highest quality and continuity of colour.
All our wools for dyed merino is sourced from non-mulesed flocks from South America. The question of mulesing often arises with regard to Australian merino. To avoid any possibility of mulesed wool we always purchase South American. Our other Merino types are either European or Falkland sourced.
Support stocks are held in our warehouse so that we can keep the colours flowing.
We are one of the very few processors in the UK with our own equipment for the processing and blending of wools, and have over 40 years of using them so we know a little bit about wool.
Not only that but our dyes conform to the Oeko-Tex Standard 100. Basically this means that our fibres are non-toxic, colour fast and baby-safe... which is always good to know.
Combine these facts with our competitive carriage rates and discount structure and it makes this range the best for value and quality.
Shade Sample Set
We know that computer colours are not too accurate so please use these as a guide. For a perfect colour match we offer a set of colour shades of actual fibre for you to inspect. The complete set of 125 colours is available to borrow or to purchase. This is for UK only. We dont make you buy them. If you want to borrow the set we send them out for 2 weeks, we need your credit card details so that if it is not returned by the required date we take payment.
The set can be purchased at a cost of £17.50
Please contact us by telephone to either borrow or purchase a set. For outside the UK we offer sales of the sample sets only.
Would you like a better price ? Don't forget our bulk discount rates apply to the complete range of fibres. And who else offers free fibres, come and sample spin or sample felt at Wentworth and we let you use the fibres free of charge. See the Free fibres link.
- The yellow and orange colour section All our merino is sourced from non-mulesed flocks From...
- Shade selection of reds and browns All our merino is sourced from non-mulesed flocks From South...
- The pinks and purples section All our merino is sourced from non-mulesed flocks From South...
- The shades of green section All our merino is sourced from non-mulesed flocks From South...
- The range of blues, greys and black All our merino is sourced from non-mulesed flocks From South...
- The later additions to the original listing , blues, greens and pastel shades All our merino is...
- Dyed Merino tops 70s 21 micron
- Needle Punch or Prefelt
Fibres, Tops, Carded and Scoured
- Animal Fibres, Exotic fibres
- Plant & Proteins
Equipment- Spinning, Weaving, Felting,
- Felting, equipment and materials
- Carding , Combing, Hackling, Blending
- Wingham Range
- Books & Magazines
- Soaps & Sundries. Tantech Wool Scour, Mitchells, Oliva
- Special Offers