Fibres, Tops, Carded and ScouredThere are 106 products.
The first thing to mention is that when we talk about "fibres" we're not just talking about wool. The term encompasses a whole world of different products, each with their own properties. If you're new to the world of fibrecrafts then it's important not to be disheartened if you don't get on with a specific fibre. The best thing to do is try as many as possible and find which you prefer and are easiest to work with. A Wingham Try Before You Buy day is ideal for this.Have a look at the Free Fibres page
Second, fibres don't just come from sheep. We sell everything from angora to yak! Again, they all have different properties, so don't be afraid to experiment.
Finally, the most important thing to mention is that synthetic fibres are not suitable for felting. This is of course a generalisation: there are various methods for incorporating the fibres into your work, but if you're just starting out it's better to avoid them and go down the naturals route.
Everyone likes a discount! Rather than use a complicated discount system, we keep prices as low as possible to start with.
These discounts will be applied to fibre purchased at the checkout stage .
£50 or more - 5% discount
£200 or more - 10% discount
£400 or more - 20% discount
£500 or more - 25% discount
- Merino, Cheviot, Wensleydale.... It's all here! We have one of the widest selections of...
- When talking about animal fibres we're actually referring to any kind of fibre which...
- Plant fibres are pretty self explanatory.. cotton, flax, linen, etc. However , we also have...
- Natural or dyed, we have silks for every project. Sample packs of these fibres are available....
- We know exactly what goes into our blends from start to finish, as every single one is made right...
- Bright, colourful and hard wearing, synthetics are very verstile. Not listed on the web site...
- Dyed Merino tops 70s 21 micron
- Needle Punch or Prefelt
Fibres, Tops, Carded and Scoured
- Animal Fibres, Exotic fibres
- Plant & Proteins
Equipment- Spinning, Weaving, Felting,
- Felting, equipment and materials
- Carding , Combing, Hackling, Blending
- Wingham Range
- Books & Magazines
- Soaps & Sundries. Tantech Wool Scour, Mitchells, Oliva
- Special Offers